Monday 23 January 2012

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in 3+4

Hey everyone! Today i wanted to share with you my thoughts on my favourite drugstore concealer. It's collection 2000's lasting perfection ultimate wear concealer (omg appreciate i typed out the long name) which i first purchased in the summer of 2011 when my skin was a tad dark for my other concealers. I purchased it in 4 which is now a bit too dark for me in the winter but I'm still keeping it for those hotter, darker skinned days to come! This concealer is raved about a lot so today I'm just going to weigh up the pros and cons and show you the two shades that i have, shades medium  3 and deep 4. This retails for about £4-5 from boots/superdrug. And as far as i know it's only available in the UK.

On the left is shade 3 and the right shade 4.

You can see that shade 4 is clearly darker. The colour range is the first disappointment with this product as the shades go from 1-4. In the summer i am an nc35 skin tone and shade 4 matched my skin in the summer. The colour range is disappointing as tanned and darker girls won't be able to even purchase the concealer as the colours are quiet light. The biggest problem i have with this concealer is trying to warm it up. In the mornings I'm far too lazy to put the concealer on the back of my hand and then apply it and to be honest I'm not a germ freak! If i don't shake it and rub it between my hands for a minute or so it will apply quiet thick and can look streaky or odd compared to my skin. I found this out on the way to school with my dad and he asked me what the mark on my cheek was - the concealer! Also, I've read some reviews with people saying that they didn't like the concealer because it was "orangey". With shades 3 and 4 my skin wasn't left orangey at all and the colours swatched below will show you what i mean.

On the left is shade 3 and on the right is shade 4.

The coverage on this concealer is absolutely beautiful for a drugstore concealer. I would give it a 5/5. If you pat it onto your skin it fills pores which is a bonus for me as i have horrible large pores on my nose. I wouldn't really say the product is really concentrated like the mac pro longwear concealer (which you need like half a sweetcorn size of) yet you don't need to layer it or use more for it to stay all day. This lasts me the whole school day and more so it definitely lives up to its super loong name and stays for super looong. It also covers spots, scars, scabs, redness and under eye bags. It's just a great product to throw in your makeup bag for when an odd spot pops up or to touch up throughout the day.

Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ /5
Recommend? Yes!
Repurchase? Yes!

Hasina


3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I've heard a lot of good things about these concealers. I need to get one by the sounds of things.

    victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review :) It looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this, one of my favourites!

    coppergarden.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete